Thursday, March 27, 2008

employee review

In anticipation of the totally pointless annual tradition that is the "Employee Review", my job requires us to fill out a "preappraisal form" with a bunch of asinine questions that will supposedly shape the discussion during our review. Below are the answers that I would like to put on my form:

1. Does the attached job description accurately reflect your current duties and responsibilities? If not, please cite any discrepancies.

My job description does not list "getting jerked around by socially-incompetent troglodytes" or "dealing with a manager with the
emotional age and haircut of an 8-year-old as he nervously taps on my cubicle in abject fear of me".

2. What do you consider the strengths of your performance this year?

Some babble about streamlining schedules and getting more organized.

3. Do you have thoughts on how your performance might be strengthened?

I think if I cared more about such important distinctions as whether a sentence should read "in light of" or "in the light of" instead of wanting to do something worthwhile like being a neuroscientist my performance would improve.

4. Are there any other comments regarding your job, your progress, your unit, or the MLA that you wish to make?

I wish to make the comment that I find it despicable that the personal whim of one person can dictate what I can and cannot wear to work, when the spirit of the organization (being non-profit) and the attitude of the office (excepting that one person) obviously are not corporate. If I could wear my jeans I would be a lot less of a malcontent and would probably smile at people more in the hallways, in addition to taking less breaks during my work to play Scramble.

3 comments:

RB said...

My job description does not list "getting jerked around by socially-incompetent troglodytes" -JF

I only have a taste of what it is to be in an office, and I read this sentence and shudder at the thought. You're a strong woman Filippi... don't let the bastards grind you down.

RB said...

Good luck on your real review today!

Anonymous said...

bob lob blob.