Friday, March 21, 2008

avalanche

The following wreckage was strewn across the wasteland of a gmail chat box that has no one on the other end (you know who you are):

Most of the conversations in my life are with people who leave in the middle of them with no warning and no indication of when they will come back. This will, inevitably, add to my psychosis. Despite understanding that others have demanding jobs that may take precedence over chatting on the computer, the impotent rage that is being built layer upon layer like a core of hot magma in my stomach will no doubt have lasting physical and social repercussions.

I think that there is a general lack of understanding of just HOW MANY words I have in me. There are a lot. Think of the most words you can think of and then double that. And once they start, particularly when someone gets me going on a topic dear to my heart, like Labyrinth, or atrocious 80s music, or the Good Doctor, they don't stop easily. They spew forth from my brain to my mouth with incredible number and alacrity. And one day, all the dammed-up ones from thwarted IM conversations will finally overflow, drowning all of you who lack the etiquette to give me a simple "brb" in the avalanche.

2 comments:

RB said...

And this eventual eruption will probably engulf me at home... So Save Robert! Talk to Jessica by IM, by phone, by email, by mail, by carrier pigeon... whatever you need to do to help her get her words out of her!

Unknown said...

"people who leave in the middle of them with no warning and no indication of when they will come back." Guilty as charged. Why haven't the spewing words been posted for such a long time?